Rural Municipality of Sliding Hills No. 273
Sliding Hills No. 273
|Rural Municipality of Sliding Hills No. 273|
Location of the RM of Sliding Hills No. 273 in Saskatchewan
|Formed||January 1, 1913|
|• Reeve||Harvey Malanowich|
|• Governing body||RM of Sliding Hills No. 273 Council|
|• Administrator||Todd Steele|
|• Office location||Mikado|
|• Land||855.28 km2 (330.23 sq mi)|
|• Density||0.5/km2 (1/sq mi)|
|• Summer (DST)||CST|
|Area code(s)||306 and 639|
The RM of Sliding Hills No. 273 incorporated as a rural municipality on January 1, 1913.
- Heritage properties
There are three historical buildings located within the RM.
- 'Greek Catholic Church of Transfiguration (also called the Dneiper Catholic Church) - Constructed in 1931 in a byzantine cruciform style. The church is of historic significance within the community.
- Holy Assumption St. Mary’s Ukrainian Orthodox Church (also called Holy Assumption of St. Mary and the Boychuk Church) - Constructed in 1902 and officially opened in 1927, the church still hosts an annual service attended by descendants of early immigrants to the area.
- St. Michael’s Ukrainian Orthodox Church - Constructed in 1924, the church includes a separate bell tower and is of historical significance in the community.
In the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, the RM of Sliding Hills No. 273 recorded a population of 421 living in 191 of its 267 total private dwellings, a -19% change from its 2011 population of 520. With a land area of 855.28 km2 (330.23 sq mi), it had a population density of 0.5/km2 (1.3/sq mi) in 2016.
In the 2011 Census of Population, the RM of Sliding Hills No. 273 recorded a population of 520, a -1.3% change from its 2006 population of 527. With a land area of 855.28 km2 (330.23 sq mi), it had a population density of 0.6/km2 (1.6/sq mi) in 2011.
The RM of Sliding Hills No. 273 is governed by an elected municipal council and an appointed administrator that meets on the second Monday of every month. The reeve of the RM is Harvey Malanowich while its administrator is Todd Steele. The RM's office is located in Mikado.
- ^ "Pre-packaged CSV files - CGN, Canada/Province/Territory (cgn_sk_csv_eng.zip)" . Government of Canada. July 24, 2019. Retrieved May 23, 2020.
- ^ a b "Rural Municipality Incorporations (Alphabetical)" . Saskatchewan Ministry of Municipal Affairs. Archived from the original on April 21, 2011. Retrieved May 9, 2020.
- ^ a b c d "Municipality Details: RM of Sliding Hills No. 273" . Government of Saskatchewan. Retrieved May 21, 2020.
- ^ a b c "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2016 and 2011 censuses – 100% data (Saskatchewan)" . Statistics Canada. February 8, 2017. Retrieved May 1, 2020.
- ^ Greek Catholic Church of Transfiguration
- ^ Holy Assumption St. Mary’s Ukrainian Orthodox Church
- ^ St. Michael’s Ukrainian Orthodox Church
- ^ "Saskatchewan Census Population" (PDF). Saskatchewan Bureau of Statistics. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 24, 2015. Retrieved May 9, 2020.
- ^ "Saskatchewan Census Population" . Saskatchewan Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved May 9, 2020.
- ^ "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (Saskatchewan)" . Statistics Canada. June 3, 2019. Retrieved May 1, 2020.
Information as of: 17.08.2021 06:48:59 CEST
Source: Wikipedia (Authors [History]) License of the text: CC-BY-SA-3.0. Creators and licenses of the individual images and media can either be found in the caption or can be displayed by clicking on the image.
Changes: Design elements were rewritten. Wikipedia specific links (like "Redlink", "Edit-Links"), maps, niavgation boxes were removed. Also some templates. Icons have been replaced by other icons or removed. External links have received an additional icon.
Please note: Because the given content is automatically taken from Wikipedia at the given point of time, a manual verification was and is not possible. Therefore WikiAnt.org does not guarantee the accuracy and actuality of the acquired content. If there is an Information which is wrong at the moment or has an inaccurate display please feel free to contact us: email.